20 November 2009

Giuseppe Notarbartolo di Sciara receives knighthood in the Order of Saint-Charles


On 17 November Tethys' founder and honorary president, Giuseppe Notarbartolo di Sciara, received a knighthood in the Order of Saint-Charles by H.S.H. the Prince Albert II of Monaco, for services rendered to the Principality in his quality of Chair of the Scientific Committee of ACCOBAMS.

"I have worked for many decades for the conservation of the sea, because I believe in the need of it and I like doing it" said Giuseppe, "but never before have I had a notion that my commitment would be appreciated, or even noticed, by the highest institutions. Prince Albert has now given me the encouragement to continue for another half century".

1 comment:

Adam Harman said...

Congratulations from the whole of the Maldives Whale Shark Research Programme team. Keep up the good work and we hope to see you out here soon!