04 July 2011

"I could not resist coming back..." CSR-07 (June 27th - July 3rd)

When my three weeks aboard Pelagos finished two weeks ago, I thought that I would not be back until next summer. Well, I was wrong. I was still in the area and could not resist coming back to the boat. This completes my fourth week on board this summer, and my sixth week over the course of two summers. The atmosphere during this program is unlike any other I have encountered. Once on the boat you will meet genuinely kind volunteers and researchers from around the world who all join together by their passion for cetaceans, the environment, and life in general. The researchers are happy to share their vast knowledge about marine mammals with you, the participants are eager to exchange their culture, and seeing the cetaceans in their natural habitat is truly magical. Everyone on board becomes a family, and the relationships built in only a week last for years. Tethys has put together an unforgettable experience and offers this opportunity to anyone and everyone. I urge you to take advantage of this program, and I promise you will not regret doing so.

Sydni (Ohio, USA)

Following link is for participants of this week's expedition, showing the ship's route, pictures of some of the sightings and of some moments of the cruise which were memorable (or even not...)

Ai partecipanti al turno รจ dedicato uno spazio con il percorso effettuato durante la settimana, le foto di alcuni avvistamenti e qualche immagine dei momenti da ricordare - importanti e non.

No comments: