27 June 2011

Volunteers' comments from CSR-06 (June 20th-26th)

An amazing week, I couldn’t have asked for much more: breathtaking sightings, including striped dolphins bow riding a fin whale close to the boat on our first day, friendly participants and crew, and unforgettable moments at sea. A week I will never forget - Thank you!
Mansi (Hong Kong)

I really loved being on Pelagos (really great name for a boat by the way), the researches were always so kind and nice, and the time really just flew by, I really enjoyed being part of the project and being able to sea some of the most beautiful animals on earth: cetaceans ( and not only, e.g. sea turtles, manta rays, mola molas). I can’t think of any negative sides of this week, and I really hope I can come back again. Hope to see you next year, thank you so much!
William (Italy)

This was a definitely a trip I will always remember! It was educational, heart warming, joyful and filled with beautiful moments where the cetaceans showed us what amazing creatures they really are. All members of the crew have been lovely and helpful and very willing to answer questions. I leave this boat with a lot more information about how I can participate in preserving wildlife in the sea. For that I am really grateful and I will definitely try my best to spread this knowledge to people I know! Thank you so much!
Tine (Norway)

…… e 10, le settimane passate a bordo del Pelagos negli ultimi anni. Tutto quello che è cambiato è in meglio! Come al solito anche gli animali non hanno deluso offrendoci degli incontri indimenticabili.
Un grazie veramente sincero a tutto l’equipaggio per l’efficienza e la cortesia andata oltre il dovere.
Arrivederci a presto, ormai è come una droga!
Marco (Italy)

Un GRAZIE immenso a tutto l’equipaggio; è stata un’esperienza davvero bellissima, divertente e allo stesso tempo istruttiva e interessante che spero di poter ripetere l’anno prossimo. Un abbraccio e un “in bocca al lupo” per la ricerca.
Valentina Crobe - Italy

Sono eleganti, maestose, indifferenti ai nostri movimenti, reali e sofisticate. Le avvistiamo da lontano e come in una rincorsa le raggiungiamo e studiamo i loro comportamenti. E’ stata davvero un’avventura emozionante, davvero, è stato proprio bello condividere questa settimana su Pelagos.
Cecilia (Italy)


Following link is for participants of this week's expedition, showing the ship's route, pictures of some of the sightings and of some moments of the cruise which were memorable (or even not...)

Ai partecipanti al turno è dedicato uno spazio con il percorso effettuato durante la settimana, le foto di alcuni avvistamenti e qualche immagine dei momenti da ricordare - importanti e non.

No comments: