06 July 2009

Cetacean Sanctuary Research 06, 29 June – 5 July


I have been excited about this holiday since I booked it some months ago. It far exceeded my expectations. Seeing the dolphins, whales, sea turtles and lots of sun fish was much more than I had anticipated. Watching the animals was somewhat surreal as their grace, elegance and beauty is overwhelming. I gained memories during this week which will remain with me forever. The crew are an enthusiastic and knowledgeable group, their excitement and positivity adds to what is an already incredible experience. Thank you Tethys, for something which for most people is ‘a once in a lifetime experience.’ I have many tales to tell my friends and family of this week.

Cathy, England

---

At first I didn’t know that there are whales in the Mediterranean Sea. But when I heard that you can find them there and even watch them from a boat, I wanted to go. I have been looking forward to it and dreaming of seeing a whale without disturbing it – and by chance taking a good picture… But what can I say - It was a fabulous week!!! We have seen a lot of whales and dolphins, and there are some great pictures to take home (In my head and on the digital camera).

Frank, Germany

---

Ho passato una settimana BELLISSIMA, ho vissuto esperienze che non potevo neanche immaginare e mi son sentita parte di un gruppo unito e nuovo, eterogeneo per età e provenienza... Indescrivibile la gioia con cui ogni mattina mi sono alzata con la voglia di scoprire qualcosa di nuovo, di conoscere nuove nozioni ma soprattutto di vedere animali meravigliosi alcuni dei quali a me totalmente sconosciuti… Il tempo con noi è stato più che generoso regalandoci una settimana di tempo perfetto per poi sbottare in una lieve pioggia una volta attraccati al molo l’ultima sera di escursione, come se avesse resistito fino all’ultimo minuto per poter permetterci di navigare in tranquillità. La fortuna è stata dalla nostra e balenottere, capodogli, stenelle striate, tartarughe marine, pulcinella, pesci luna, “jumping fishes” e (last but not the least!) meravigliosi grampi si sono palesati di fronte ai nostri occhi sbalorditi

Giulia, Italy

No comments: